Search Community

Animation of list items moving up and disappearing

UwetU test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone, I really like your library, but while I'm still a beginner and I wanted to ask you the most correct way to implement the animation presented in the video using gsap and scrolltrigger, thank you very much in advance for your help.

P.S. I'm interested in animating a specific list

Hi OSUblake!

I looked through all possible demos and still did not understand how to make a global pin on the main slide and at the same time scroll the list, plus everything, since the list appears at the bottom, the beginning and end are not calculated correctly at first

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to provide free general consulting or "build-to-order" solutions, but of course anyone is welcome to assist with that if they want to.

I most likely would not use ScrollTrigger for that animation. It looks like it's responding to wheel events, kind of like some these demos.

See the Pen PoWapLP by BrianCross (@BrianCross) on CodePen

See the Pen YRzRyM by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

See the Pen kDvmC by bassta (@bassta) on CodePen

Those are more full page sliders/carousels like animations, but the concept is still the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UwetU said:

OSUblake, the only thing I would like to ask is why you do not recommend using ScrollTrigger for this?

What site did you get that video from? It doesn't look like it's scrolling. Just faking it.

You can use whatever approach best works for you, I was thinking that that video looks like those demos I posted, which do not use scrolling.

• Like 1