Search Community

Add some parallax effect threejs

Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by akapowl,

20 hours ago, Cassie said:

I'm lost - I'm sorry. I'm not sure what it is you want to improve. I don't know what your intended outcome is.

I am sorry , but i have bad English , what i want to do is add some parallax effect and smooth scroll , i mean , i try to set box movement is faster than camera movement like you can saw in my codepen demo , how i can make the parallax effect better, and the scroll smoother ?

• Solution

🤔 Well, I'm also not sure what the desired outcome is here.

But since you are moving things in a 3-dimensional space and using the PerspectiveCamera here, there is no need to 'apply' a parallax effect in any special way between different 3D elements - it is already there. If you'd want it to feel parallax(ish) in relation to the background, I guess you'd just have to make sure that your elements move faster than the background does.

In the end what exactly you want to achieve comes down to camera positioning and movement of either the elements or the camera ( one might be better suited than the other, depending on what you want to do, I guess). 

Here is an example with ScrollTrigger's smoothScroll() helper-function included for the smooth-scrolling effect (first example pen on the .scrollerProxy() documentation page). Maybe that helps get in the right direction :) 

See the Pen d48ab3a40f7f8614db9e6f460c331704 by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 5:59 PM, akapowl said:

🤔 Well, I'm also not sure what the desired outcome is here.

But since you are moving things in a 3-dimensional space and using the PerspectiveCamera here, there is no need to 'apply' a parallax effect in any special way between different 3D elements - it is already there. If you'd want it to feel parallax(ish) in relation to the background, I guess you'd just have to make sure that your elements move faster than the background does.

In the end what exactly you want to achieve comes down to camera positioning and movement of either the elements or the camera ( one might be better suited than the other, depending on what you want to do, I guess). 

Here is an example with ScrollTrigger's smoothScroll() helper-function included for the smooth-scrolling effect (first example pen on the .scrollerProxy() documentation page). Maybe that helps get in the right direction :) 

Hello Mr ,can we use this function for any canvas ? i try to add to my canvas in this demo but the scroller disappear 

See the Pen MWbdNXg by leen-alfalah (@leen-alfalah) on CodePen

On 6/20/2021 at 8:31 PM, OSUblake said:

Please look at the demo code provided. There is a certain HTML structure that must be used, like having a viewport container.

Done , thank's 😃