Search Community

Deployment license vs Developer license

Neeraj Sethi test
Moderator Tag

I am having doubt regarding Greensock Business license. Suppose I buy developer license for 2 people in that case what will be the deployment license for my website. Do I need to provide any one for two developer license on commit npmrc file into my project git repository(I am having npm setup for my project).

• Neeraj Sethi changed the title to Deployment license vs Developer license

Hiya Neeraj.

If you were to get a GreenSock business license, both devs would be registered under the one email address so you could use the instructions from this page to install - https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Installation#ZIP

There's no sort of npm setup per person - Our licensing model is based on an honor system, we respect our users and trust that's reciprocated in return. ☺️

Just to clarify a bit further...

• When you sign up for a multi-developer "Business Green" license, you can assign those developer accounts from your Account Dashboard. So, for example, if you purchase a 3-developer license under you@domain.com, that would be the main/admin account which can then assign 2 more developers who each have their own GreenSock account like under dev-1@domain.com and dev-2@domain.com. They'd have their own login credentials and can participate in the forums individually, etc. but they'd ALSO get access to the bonus files from their accounts because they're associated with your 3-developer license. 
  • We intentionally use the same private NPM token for all your developers on your license because it makes your life easier. Most teams share a single private repository, for example, so there's no need to juggle different tokens for each local install or whatever. 
  • You have several options for installing GSAP - @Cassie was just linking to one convenient method which is the zip download. That zip has all the raw files (including bonus plugins) as well as a .tgz file that you can directly npm install locally. OR you can use our private NPM registry

I look forward to seeing that shiny new "Business Green" badge on your avatar soon, @Neeraj Sethi! Welcome aboard in advance. 

• Like 1