Search Community

How To Use ScrollTrigger scale texts

Kamran test
Moderator Tag

Hi there Kamran!

If you'd like help with this, could you post a minimal demo of what you've tried and what you're struggling to understand? We'd love to help you figure this out but we don't have the capacity to create custom animations from scratch.

If you're stuck with where to start, try the scrollTrigger docs or the scrollTrigger demos

-----

If you would like the solution coded for you, I recommend heading over to our freelance jobs board and posting there.

• Like 3

Hi @Trapti, Thank you for you reply and recommendations. Really appreciated.  Actually i wanted to animate paragraphs one by one just like attached gif. Currently on scroll both paragraphs are animating.

I took inspiration from apple website. Can you please guide me how can i achieve that effect. Here is live link, you can see working animation. Just scroll down to M1, XDR,5G section.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/

• 11 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, Trapti said:

Hey, @Kamran Here is a quick fix on what I understood you need 

. You modify the values according to your need. 
Suggestions: 

1. You are using older versions of GSAP and Scroll. 

2. Markup has unnecessary elements(divs). h1 tag should be 1 in a page.

Hi there. 

How can I set the Main title pinned to top? Now it is pinned until its scroll position is over.

See the Pen OJQQoZp by Mukher (@Mukher) on CodePen

I'm not exactly sure what you want, but something like this?: 

See the Pen OJQQqaJ?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Beware that if an element gets position: fixed when it has an ancestor with a transform applied, it won't be fixed to the viewport - it'll be fixed to that ancestor element. That has nothing to do with GSAP - it's just how CSS works. So you can set pinType: "transform" if you need to. 

By the way, it is always best to just start your own thread rather than posting in an old thread with a new question. :) 

1 hour ago, GreenSock said:

I'm not exactly sure what you want, but something like this?: 

Beware that if an element gets position: fixed when it has an ancestor with a transform applied, it won't be fixed to the viewport - it'll be fixed to that ancestor element. That has nothing to do with GSAP - it's just how CSS works. So you can set pinType: "transform" if you need to. 

By the way, it is always best to just start your own thread rather than posting in an old thread with a new question. :) 

yes, something like this. But I wanted to pin it to the viewport. pinType: 'transfrom' didn't help, by the way

25 minutes ago, Mukhriddin said:

But I wanted to pin it to the viewport

Isn't that exactly what my demo is doing? 

25 minutes ago, Mukhriddin said:

pinType: 'transfrom' didn't help, by the way

Right, but it would if you tried pinning the first <h1> like you were originally doing. 

10 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

Isn't that exactly what my demo is doing? 

Right, but it would if you tried pinning the first <h1> like you were originally doing. 

Right now, it is pinning for some time, exactly untill end. What I want is pin it always once scrollTrigger starts