Search Community

Animating a line

Nuno Macedo test
Moderator Tag

Hi there,

I'm trying to animated a line to have an specific shape and the way I have it setup is I have two empty divs and I animate them with GSAP to make the shape I need which I can, but if makes the bottom part with a sharp edge, but I would need to have the bottom part of the animation/line junction curved like the example attached. Any ideas if it is possible to do that or a better way to get this shape done and animated like a like is being draw from the top goes to the bottom part and goes back up on the angle I have below?

Thanks! 

eyecatcher.png.935ce7c690b1990f7103f574ecc2f978.png

Thanks, for the suggestion. I thought about the MorphSVG but to have access to the plugin I need to have the paid subscription :( Is there any other way to do within the free version? The other thing I noticed is that on the examples on the link you shared they usually have a start shape and morph to another shape in this case I start with no shape and draw the check mark like shape in the end. Is this still possible with MorphSVG?

Sorry about that if I wasn't clear about what I'm trying to accomplish, but you got what I'm looking for, the only difference is that I just need two lines, the one on the vertical and the one in angle, not the other two. I can see you used the DrawSVGPlugin, is this plugin free or part of the membership? Thank you, for commenting and help.

Ok, I've adjusted the shape for you! Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Draw SVG is part of the club membership yes. As Blake's pen shows - you can handle it manually. DrawSVG gives you more versatility - but this is quite a simple animation.

• Like 2

sorry for all the trouble, but I'm referring to the top part of the two lines junction. I hope the new screenshot helps to make it clear what I mean. If I get a svg with that same shape, would I be able to animate like Blake did?

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 12.41.59 PM.png