Search Community

Changing images when scrolling

B. Ihab test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Cassie,

Hi dear,

This is my first post in this Forum, I apologize for my ignorance, I joined a video to my request, as you can see in the video, there are 2 sections ( Call to Action + A second Section with text and Images )  I have pinned a laptop to the scroll, the thing I want to achieve is that I want to change the laptop screen in the second section every time the text change, I spent 4 days trying to achieve that effect without any result, if someone can just guide me it will be a great help for me.

See the Pen xxqxzez by B-Ihab (@B-Ihab) on CodePen

Thank you Cassie for your quick response, I provided a demo like suggested, if I need to provide anything else feel free to notice it, If my code need some optimization or can be improved please tell me.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi there - this is quite an overcomplicated approach.

The best way I find to approach scroll animations is to create a timeline that animates how you want it to - and then hook that timeline up to the scroll.

Here, take a look at this example -  the first text fades out, then immediately afterward the next text fades in and up, and at the same time ( '<' ) the images swop out using opacity.

See the Pen 1d5548ccffebad7019b6936af6bd8f56?editors=0010 by cassie-codes (@cassie-codes) on CodePen

The process I tend to lean on is

- Position everything nicely from the start, layout is key! 
- Plan out a timeline step by step on paper or in pseudo code
- Write the timeline 
- Then hook up with scrolltrigger

• Like 4