Search Community

gsap business installation error (ERR! code E403 - You must be  logged in to install/publish packages.)

Yellow Car test
Moderator Tag

DrawSVGPlugin is a members-only plugin, so the easiest way for you to try it out locally (or on CodePen/CodeSandbox) is to use the "gsap-trial" package. You do NOT need to use any token or do any special setup for that. It's a regular package on the standard NPM public repository. Just npm install gsap-trial and you should be fine. But you must import the files from gsap-trial:

// BAD
import gsap from "gsap";
import DrawSVGPlugin from "gsap/DrawSVGPlugin";

// GOOD (for trial only, NOT for deployment!)
import gsap from "gsap-trial";
import DrawSVGPlugin from "gsap-trial/DrawSVGPlugin";

Just remember that gsap-trial should NOT be deployed anywhere on the web, like a different domain (other than codepen.io or codesandbox.io). You'll get redirected if you use a bonus plugin from gsap-trial on a deployed site.

The reason you were getting that error about "Can't resolve gsap/DrawSVGPlugin" is because you were just using the public "gsap" package from the public repo which of course doesn't have any of the "members-only" plugins. Otherwise, that'd make them free for the entire world :)

But the gsap-trial one has special versions of all the bonus plugins that only work locally and on certain whitelisted domains like codepen.io. 

Does that clear things up?  

17 hours ago, GreenSock said:

DrawSVGPlugin is a members-only plugin, so the easiest way for you to try it out locally (or on CodePen/CodeSandbox) is to use the "gsap-trial" package. You do NOT need to use any token or do any special setup for that. It's a regular package on the standard NPM public repository. Just npm install gsap-trial and you should be fine. But you must import the files from gsap-trial:

// BAD
import gsap from "gsap";
import DrawSVGPlugin from "gsap/DrawSVGPlugin";

// GOOD (for trial only, NOT for deployment!)
import gsap from "gsap-trial";
import DrawSVGPlugin from "gsap-trial/DrawSVGPlugin";

Just remember that gsap-trial should NOT be deployed anywhere on the web, like a different domain (other than codepen.io or codesandbox.io). You'll get redirected if you use a bonus plugin from gsap-trial on a deployed site.

The reason you were getting that error about "Can't resolve gsap/DrawSVGPlugin" is because you were just using the public "gsap" package from the public repo which of course doesn't have any of the "members-only" plugins. Otherwise, that'd make them free for the entire world :)

But the gsap-trial one has special versions of all the bonus plugins that only work locally and on certain whitelisted domains like codepen.io. 

Does that clear things up?  

Hi Jack, 

Thanks, so it looks like I need to pay $99 for this benefit? I like the features but would like to try them first before continuing the use of the features using the different domains. I understand your business model tho.  Thank you for all your responses. I appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, M Hartman said:

Thanks, so it looks like I need to pay $99 for this benefit? I like the features but would like to try them first before continuing the use of the features using the different domains. I understand your business model tho.  Thank you for all your responses. I appreciate it. 

You can use the "gsap-trial" package to try things out as much as you want for as long as you want locally or on codepen.io or codesandbox.io. It has all the bonus plugins. No rush, and no pressure. I hope the tools serve you well and that the membership proves to be a no-brainer in terms of paying for itself quickly.