Search Community

Something wrong with ScrollTrigger scrubbing and pinning ?

smokeNinja test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by akapowl,

• Solution

Hey @smokeNinja - welcome to the forums.

To me it looks like codepen has some problems because the external CSS from a different pen that is linked to in the CSS-settings is simply just not being loaded. If you include it in the codepen itself it works as before.

See the Pen cfba359300b1ff1d9b3ad70c1ac2c5d2 by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

• Like 3

For the record, CodePen was made aware of the issue and helped us apply a workaround in some of our CodePens in the meantime, so they should work now. But let us know if you notice any others that aren't functioning properly. CodePen said they're working on a fix for their system. 

• Like 1

I just realized, that just about all of my pens in older posts of mine are not being shown anymore (404 message instead).

That is probably related to me setting them to private on codepen in hindsight - but when I did that, I made sure, that they were still being shown in the forum threads even with the old public links - now they are not being shown anymore.

I don't know if this is related to changes codepen has made in their codebase, too.

Am I supposed to put them all back to public again now? 😩

Actually just about all my pens are set to private by now.

In those posts, where I have pasted the private link, the pens still show up alright.

In those posts where I had initially pasted the public link (and for which I had the pen set to private in hindsight) the pens don't show up anymore.

When I did change the pens to private though, I triple-checked that they were still being shown in all those posts - and they were, even with the old link to the public pen, so I went on and made all my pens private - now that seems to backfire.

Interestingly enough;

when I open the public link in my browser directly, the pen shows up (with the private link in the address-bar then)

Here's an example ( 1st embedded codepen with the public link of the private pen - 2nd example with private link )

This is the public link for the private pen:

https://codepen.io/akapowl/pen/zYBbmoX

See the Pen zYBbmoX by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

See the Pen 89e1e228d20473dc8711240e1ff14800 by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

...okay, I only appear to see it with the public link when I paste it in the browser's address bar, because I am of course logged in with my account - that will not be the case for others apparently.

But I'm sure I checked that they were visible for others when I set them to private - and people replied to some of them later on, so they must have seen them 🤔 

Sorry for the long post.  

Yeah, I think that if you use a public URL and THEN switch it to private, that may mess things up since CodePen is trying to "protect" your private CodePen. Just a guess on my part. 

Also, for what it's worth, the recent problem with CodePen related to the "autoprefixer" being enabled in the CSS settings. I believe toggling that off, saving, then toggling it back on might fix the issue (though probably not the whole public-to-private thing).