Search Community

pinned element in a scroller flickering when reach top of the viewport

Lovestoned test
Moderator Tag

10 hours ago, Lovestoned said:

Ok there is nothing to do...but I want to ask one more thing...is it possible to slow down kind of snapping speed of pinned element?

Do you mean gradually pin it somehow? As if it eases into the pinned position? No, sorry. I'm pretty sure there would be some logic issues with that. Like something is either position: fixed or not, so it'd have to suddenly get flipped to that value but if we tried to offset things using transforms (to fake the easing), those wouldn't be synchronized with the rest of the page scrolling, so you'd see a jittery effect where the thing above/below the pinned element would attach/detach/attach/detach. As far as I can tell, it's simply impossible without some huge tradeoffs. The only way I can think of doing it would be to scroll-jack the entire page and do everything with transforms but then you have other big tradeoffs with that and it's not really what ScrollTrigger was designed to do (we intentionally avoided scroll-jacking). 

• Like 1

on desktop and andorid side there is no problem...only ios browsers have...I think you have nothing to do about that...mobile browsers address bar hiding behavior is very big trouble for developers as you know...I almost made what I need...problem on ios side is acceptable for me...

I found a solution about pinType:fixed and pointer-events:none config...I will pass this issue with a little js...pointer events:none to all sections and auto to all children...

thanks for your reply...