Search Community

Error #2036 Load never completed

penny test
Moderator Tag

Hm, sorry but I can't. This happens on a project that I work on right now, but it doesn't happen every time - from my point of view it's irreproductable (ugh, I don't know if such a word exists :) ) in other conditions. Basicly it happens when a site is loaded (it consists of 3 modules), and when you click on a button that navigates to other URL error is thrown. It doesn't affect the end user (if he doesn't have Flash Player Debug), because immediately after error reload occurs. I decided to put it on forums with hope that anyone else had experienced something similar. Well, for now I will have to live with it. If i get any idea of where the problem comes form I'll post a reply.

Hm, sorry but I can't. This happens on a project that I work on right now, but it doesn't happen every time - from my point of view it's irreproductable (ugh, I don't know if such a word exists :) ) in other conditions. Basicly it happens when a site is loaded (it consists of 3 modules), and when you click on a button that navigates to other URL error is thrown. It doesn't affect the end user (if he doesn't have Flash Player Debug), because immediately after error reload occurs. I decided to put it on forums with hope that anyone else had experienced something similar. Well, for now I will have to live with it. If i get any idea of where the problem comes form I'll post a reply.

Are you getting this error on items loaded with LoaderMax or were you just asking in general if anyone has ever run into the 2036 error in Adobe's Loader class? Sounds like it's not related to LoaderMax - maybe you need to tweak something on your server-side scripts?: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1034 ... ted-images

Hi,

I'm currently fighting with this issue via XML ImageLoader. It throws this only when trying to replay the movie:

Loading error on ImageLoader 'image_1' (images/image_1.gif): Error #2036: Load Never Completed. URL: file:///Mac.../images/image_1.gif

Here's the code I'm using:

LoaderMax.activate([imageLoader]);

xml_loader = new XMLLoader(root_url + "data.xml", {name: "xml_loader_data", requireWithRoot: this.root, estimatedBytes: 500});
css_loader = new CSSLoader(root_url + "styles.css", {name:"css_loader_data", requireWithRoot: this.root, estimatedBytes: 500});

preloader = new LoaderMax({name: "preloader_data", onProgress: preload_progress, onComplete: preload_complete, onError: preload_error});

preloader.append(xml_loader);
preloader.append(css_loader);

preloader.load();

And the XML looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 

Thanks for your help!

Did you read that link at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1034 ... ted-images? It sounds like you're just running into a Flash IDE issue that has nothing to do with LoaderMax. Or it may be an issue with your server-side script. If you think neither of these are the case, please post an example FLA that demonstrates the issue in the simplest way possible (including your image, xml, and any ActionScript necessary).

• 8 months later...

jack,

I seem to be having this problem too.

it may be flash IDE related as the stackoverflow link above suggests, as it does'nt seem to happen when i test in firefox with flash debug player (10.2)

even so it really does not help development.

Basically, I have an 'application' swf that loads a 'module' swf and an jpeg [via Loadermax], then the module swf calls the static Loadermax.getContent() to find and display the preloaded image.

the image appears so everything is fine to this point, but when i navigate away from that module swf to another [blank] module swf i get the error:

"Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2036: Load Never Completed."

this only happens once, so going back and forth between those modules again causes no errors.

also the error does not happen at all if i comment out the Loadermax.getContent(img) and addchild(img);

I am listening for your onError event, so am handling errors at that level, and as everything displays as expected the load works!

further, everything is running from desktop, so 'load never completed' is even stranger.

what's even more annoying is that as the load error happens it causes a completely unrelated issue...

i have a Timer running to display a clock, after the error event the clock stops and does not restart [my 'application' still runs though so no crash].

obviously that timer is nothing to do with loading or your Loadermax [classes are not related in any way], i expect its the flash player doing something weird at the time of the 'unhandled error'.

any ideas?