Search Community

Help Migrating from v2 to v3

Sampath Kumar GM test
Moderator Tag

Hi, I am very new to this library and have a code written by a vendor in version 2. I have updated the libraries to the latest version of GSAP and ScrollMagic but the animation is not working as before. I have gone through the migration guide and I tried making code changes too and it worked to some extent but not completely. I am stuck with the "className", "staggerTo" etc. Any help migrating the code is appreciated.

image.png.fb212b770844f0c413fc2d7ebe297a82.png

image.thumb.png.f4753aac41d1fed09864ae6ffcab69f2.png

image.thumb.png.c51e2aca58a3bc73d28ab321afeba7f0.png

image.png

Hi @Sampath Kumar GM 

Welcome to the forum.

ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product so it isn't supported here. GreenSock has a more robust plugin that handles those animations.

There is also a guide for GSAP2 => GSAP3 migration.

We're happy to help with any GSAP specific questions. A demo will always give you the best chance at a detailed answer. More info.

Happy tweening and welcome aboard.

:)

• Like 4

the migration guide mentions that className tweens have been removed and shows how to modify the code to work v3

it seems like overall you did a good job and I'm not sure why you're having trouble with the staggers. the v3 versions look good to me... but it's pretty tough to guess what isn't happening from just looking at code.

Where you have in red "what is this?" it's actually a mistake and that 0.1 shouldn't be there. A a TweenMax.to() tween doesn't have any parameters after the vars object. perhaps they had a staggerTo() there at one point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1