Search Community

NFTs

mimeartist test
Moderator Tag

I've started created NFT artworks, mainly through procreate as it's nice to get away from coding ocassionally.

https://www.hicetnunc.xyz/tz/tz1ZsNvZKUveN7FjRhMHTm9NiAUNAmrwdFKV

However, they're now allowing HTML NFTs so I'm looking to create some interative pieces, just enquiring, does anyone here have any experience in creating them, and if I wasnt allowed to link to external libraries, as a business user am I allowed to include the code within my NFT?

This is all very new, so I'm just enquiring before just going ahead and doing stuff.

30 minutes ago, mimeartist said:

does anyone here have any experience in creating them

Nope, not me.

30 minutes ago, mimeartist said:

if I wasn't allowed to link to external libraries, as a business user am I allowed to include the code within my NFT?

I don't see why not - if I understand it correctly, it's not as if you'd be granting the world access to those bonus plugins (any more so than a standard web site that uses them under the hood), right? Go for it! We're just sensitive to people putting them in public code repositories that make it very easy for people to snag (perhaps not even realizing they're not supposed to). 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mimeartist said:

I've started created NFT artworks, mainly through procreate as it's nice to get away from coding ocassionally.

https://www.hicetnunc.xyz/tz/tz1ZsNvZKUveN7FjRhMHTm9NiAUNAmrwdFKV

However, they're now allowing HTML NFTs so I'm looking to create some interative pieces, just enquiring, does anyone here have any experience in creating them, and if I wasnt allowed to link to external libraries, as a business user am I allowed to include the code within my NFT?

This is all very new, so I'm just enquiring before just going ahead and doing stuff.

I have minted and sold an NFT 👀

But, I did so through Rarible which only comprised of submitting the GIF/Video. Purely for experiment. But, who knows in the future. Not sure how different file types will pan out. Many people do things like have the NFT as GIF/Video but then offer unlockables on the side. For example, I think Beeple distributes pieces of the work in perspex frames with what is sold.

• Like 1

Everything is allowed in NFTs, but not the way you think.

You just have a link to some data, which can actually be changed later on (not really secure, thus people use IPFS to make it a little more secure).

The NFT is only a certificate, it doesn't distribute any assets (images, videos, etc.) — if you consider this — it cannot be any other way, because it needs to be on the blockchain and it will bloat pretty fast if it includes anything other than a little bit of byte code.

Using Rarible to mint NFTs is pretty easy — a matter of filling some fields and providing a link to asset, but you are left with the limitations on their own smart contracts. Also note that it is actually somewhat expensive it varies quite a lot but expect to pay $35-150 for a single nft.

• 11 months later...

Today's choice of platforms is great, and almost everywhere, you will have to provide your NFT data, upload your art file, and pay a creation fee. If you want to sell your NFT, you can place it on one of the many NFT Promotion Agencies. If your NFT proves to be in high demand, its value can skyrocket. You may have heard of the artist Beeple, who sold his NFT titled "Every Day: The First 5,000 Days" for over $69 million.