Search Community

ScrollTrigger - Vertical centering of absolutely positioned content

trusty97 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Visual-Q,

Hi there, 

i'm having trouble with absolutely positioned vertically centered content using top: 50%; transform: translateY(-50%) along with pinning using ScrollTrigger. The .box should be vertically centered (it's currently hanging at the bottom of the screen), and if you disable SrollTrigger's pin, you'll see that the item is vertically centered within that section. I'm including a codepen that demonstrates the issue. Anyone have any tips?

See the Pen JjEdBJR by pdnellius (@pdnellius) on CodePen

@Visual-Q apologies for that, almost what I'm looking for.

- The first trigger animates the opacity of the box within area 3 only, and should finish animating opacity by the time Area 4 reaches the viewport. 

- The second trigger was intended to pin the box in the center of the screen when the top of Area 3 reaches the center of the viewport and unpin once the top of the footer reaches the bottom of the viewport.

@Visual-Q unfortunately, this is still not what I'm looking for. 

- The box's opacity should go from 0 to 1 starting when the top of Area 3 reaches the center of the viewport. Additionally, box should be pinned vertically center within the viewport at this time

- The box should un-pin once the top of the footer hits the bottom of the viewport

• Solution

Does this do it, note as requested it starts to fade in when section 3 hits the middle however the box at that point is positioned in the center of that section which has only travelled halfway through the screen and therefore is at the bottom when it starts to become visible.

See the Pen RwKWGgq by Visual-Q (@Visual-Q) on CodePen

• Like 3