Search Community

How to jump to the start of the timeline when there are no more .nextLabel()'s and then animate .tweenTo(tl.nextLabel()) (trying to create a slider with GSAP)

mvaneijgen test
Moderator Tag

I've used several slider plugins in the past and now thought: "I'm already using GSAP why don't I try creating a slider based on it". I saw @Carl's  latest video (snorklTV youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5uzDaTlDU)  and it seemed like a great starting point of creating a slider. 

I've implemented an `autoPlay()` function which gets call every `X` amount of seconds to `.tweenTo()` the `.nextLabel()` which all works great. The point I'm stuck on is how to play to the end of the timeline when there are no more `.nextLabel()`'s, then jump to the beginning of the timeline (I thought `.seek(0)` would work, but I think I'm missing a step) and then `.tweenTo(timeline.nextLabel())` again, with this I'm getting the following error in the console `timeline.tweenTo(...).seek(...).tweenTo is not a function

See the Pen yLVdBOe by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

If you're going to do that sort of thing I'd do it like this, where you have to clone the first slide and be more careful about handling the looping:

See the Pen QWGXdyd?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Also note that I used autoAlpha and the .slide element as the element reference (as opposed to the img) so things are clickable.

• Like 5

@ZachSaucier thanks! This seems to work great! Again not really a GSAP question, but just a JS solution, I've never heard of `.cloneNode` thanks for that. Now I only need to find a solution for the next and previous buttons to do something when at the end or beginning and clicking next or previous respectively, right now it will animate fully to the latest label when at the beginning and clicking the previous button. 

Again thanks, this helps a lot.

• Like 1