Updating TweenMax play position

kranke test
Moderator Tag

Hi

I have the following

camera.z = -800
cameraZoomTween = new TweenMax(camera, 10, {z: (5000, ease: Linear.easeNone});
cameraZoomTween.pause();

on mouse move the TweenMax plays or reverses based on direction.

switch (getVerticalDirection())
		{
			case "up":
				if (!mouseOverInPlane)
				{
					TweenLite.to(cameraZoomTween, 1, {timeScale: 1, onStart: cameraZoomTween.play});
				}
				else
				{
					TweenLite.to(cameraZoomTween, 0.2, {timeScale: 0.01, onComplete: cameraZoomTween.pause});
				}
				break;

case "down":

if (!mouseOverInPlane)
				{
					//cameraZoomTween.reverse(true);
					TweenLite.to(cameraZoomTween, 1, {timeScale: 1, onStart: cameraZoomTween.reverse});

}
				else
				{
					TweenLite.to(cameraZoomTween, 0.2, {timeScale: 0.01, onComplete: cameraZoomTween.pause});

}

break;

case "none":

TweenLite.to(cameraZoomTween, 2, {timeScale: 0.01, onComplete: cameraZoomTween.pause});
				break;
		}

This works great.

However I also have buttons that take the camera out of that Tween position. My problem lies now that when I go back to the mouse movement the camera sort of jumps immediately to the previous position (from where the tween was interrupted), and what Id like if possible is sort of update that tween closer to the current position.

So basically lets say, my tweening is playing and camera is at z: 1000, and a click a button to to send the camera at position 5000. When I resume the tween it goes back to position 1000 when instead I'd like it to resume from position 5000.

I hope it makes sense, I have really tried my best without bothering you guys but I am pulling my hair on this one.

Thanks

Fernando

Why not just create a new tween that incorporates the new position?

I'm not sure I understand the problem/objective, but there's also an updateTo() method that you may find useful as well as dynamicProps plugin (Club GreenSock members only).

Hi I have the dynamic props plugin, will take a look into it now.

However to explain myself better...

I have this tween

cameraZoomTween = new TweenMax(camera, 10, {z: 5000, ease: Linear.easeNone});

on mouse move up the screen, I do

cameraZoomTween.play()

and mouse move down the screen

cameraZoomTween.reverse()

This works well

but then I click in my nav to take the camera to a particular position animating also x, y and zoom.

TweenMax.to(camera, 0.5, {zoom: selectedZoom, focus: selectedFocus, x: 300, y: 500, z: 1000, ease: Quint.easeOut});

Then it just jumps suddenly...

I tried

cameraZoomTween.updateTo({zoom: selectedZoom, focus: selectedFocus, x: 300, y: 500, z: 1000})

And it jumps to in addition too this I just don't know how to go back to the original tween.

Because every time I click in a nav button it takes me to a whole different position. So basically i need to maintain original tween updated in mouse position and then when I clicked in a button it takes me out of that tween into a new one, then when I go back (or close that item) it should resume where it left off.

Why not just create a new tween that incorporates the new position?

So what does it mean, do I create a new Tween like this

cameraZoomUpdate = new TweenMax (camera, 1, {zoom: selectedZoom, focus: selectedFocus, x: 300, y: 500, z: 1000})

and if so can I switch back and forth between the

cameraZoomTween and cameraZoomUpdate?

Thanks for helping me out on this I almost got it working but this is the last bit that is missing.

Not sure this is the effect you're after, but you could just record the camera's position when you do your menu tween (let's say z is 1500), pause it and then do your new tween as normal. Let's say it goes to 5000. Then when you're done, you could tween back to that original value (1500 or whatever) and when that tween is complete, resume() the original.