Search Community

Is there a GSAP structured course?

franklylate test
Moderator Tag

Hi all, the Learning center is a great resource for writing better GSAP code but I'm continuously finding I don't know what I don't know and continually feel like I'm doing sectional animation loops wrong. The latest version of GSAP logged numerous missing element warnings because I'm running the same tweens on elements within .animategroup — the content is changing on different sections of the page, occasionally h2 and h3 aren't present on that particular section. I can turn off logging errors in the newest GSAP but this question is coming from the place of "well, it's working but am I doing this right?":

Is there a structured course that gives a high level overview of GSAP that you would recommend?

Thanks

See the Pen NWWBOXW?editors=0010 by jcollette (@jcollette) on CodePen

Hey Jon. 

A few notes:

• You're using an old version of GSAP. We highly recommend using GSAP 3 and the GSAP 3 syntax. It's easy to upgrade!
  • You're using ScrollMagic which we don't recommend or support. We highly recommend the official scroll plugin: ScrollTrigger. It's better in every way!
  • It's common to have different JS files for different pages. That way you can customize exactly what's in it, only giving what's required for that page. 
  • If you are going to use the same JS files across multiple pages, you could detect if an element(s) exists before trying to animate it.
  • I highly recommend the common GSAP mistakes article as well as my article about animating efficiently.
  • Carl's GSAP 3 Express course and Creative Coding Club in general has a lot of good videos to help you get started with GSAP if that's your style. There are also a lot of other tutorials for creating specific effects out there. You're also welcome to post in these forums if you have questions relevant to GSAP :) 
  • Like 4