Search Community

Continuous scroll help

MajedArsenal test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I've been playing about with this codepen pen example

I'm trying to make a continuous loop animation with vertical scrolling rather than horizontal however i'm running into a few issues.

The list doesn't seem to start at the first index and when i scroll it's not going in sequential order but it's just jumping about (i.e i want 1 > 2 > 3 but it's doing 1 < 12 > 2 < 13 > 3)

Any ideas? Is it because the content is dynamic and the plugin has issues recalculating?

I'm using:

GSAP v3.6.0

Angular 11

Demo:

https://stackblitz.com/edit/gsap-continuous-scroll

See the Pen LYRwgPo by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hi @MajedArsenal welcome to the GreenSock forums.

The codepen that you referenced by @GreenSock is very well thought out. Really the only thing in a basic sense needing changed to make it work vertically is changing the 3 instances of xPercent to yPercent so it becomes vertical.

So yes in essence it really seems non-related to GSAP or the logic within that particular example regarding what you are experiencing with your project. I would suggest stepping backwards and rebuilding your own logic to figure out where things are going wrong for your desired outcome. You will need to figure out how to address the dynamic nature of your project to fit within the example you are hoping to implement.

If you do run into anything that does pertain to GSAP let us know how we can help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1