Search Community

Screen goes blank after scrollTrigger ends

Narendra786 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mikel,

I have created a simple svg animation. The animation I created works perfectly but at the start of the scroll, the entire screen slightly jumps up. Also at the end of scrolling, the screen goes goes completely blank. I am not sure if there is some scrollTrigger method that would help me solve this problem. Any help would be helpful. Also, I would like to enable the about_back timeline's scrolling only after the first timeline i.e. about_anim has completed.

Note: I have used a timeline instead of a simple gsap.to() because after I solve this issue, I hope to add some more complex animations to the timeline

See the Pen NWbqdVY?editors=1010 by Narendra786 (@Narendra786) on CodePen

I thought of that but I do not want first timeline to be affected or controlled by scrolling. I want it to start automatically without the user scrolling, and while its happening, the user shouldn’t be able to scroll. The user can scroll only after the first timeline has completed. 

You want to disable scrolling? I would advice against that, scrolling is a core function of a website and if you take that away you must have a really good reason for it. 

If you really want to, you'll have to set something like CSS `overflow: hidden` on the element you want to stop scrolling and `onComplete: ...` of your animation remove that CSS. Again you must have a really good reason for disabling scrolling, because what if someone comes for the second time to your site and just want to get the content on the bottom of your page, they you'll we forcing the visitor to watch your animation every time? 

• Like 2