Search Community

GSAP ScrollTrigger not defined. Using gsap.min.js

Zilli test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

Hi, 
I have been using gsap tweens in my project using the full member minified version of Gsap and it has been working fine. I wanted to use the ScrollTrigger plug-in to time an animation on scroll and followed the tutorial on that but it already shows ScrollTrigger as unidentified. I know the minified version is working since i'm using it for other elements.

For testing purposes I added the register and the tween in a separate js file and linked it in the html file.

I register the plugin at the beginning of my script file as such:

/* gsap plugins */
    gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollTrigger); 

and at the end of the document adding the gsap tween:

gsap.from("#section-2", { ScrollTrigger: "#section-2" rotation: 15, y: 15, duration: 0.5 }),

I thought that the ScrollTrigger plug-in was added in the full version? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Zilli said:

gsap.from("#section-2", { ScrollTrigger: "#section-2" rotation: 15, y: 15, duration: 0.5 }),

Also, when using ScrollTrigger inside of a gsap object/timeline you want to camelCase it: gsap.from("#section-2", { scrollTrigger: "#section-2", rotation: 15, y: 15, duration: 0.5 }).  You're also missing a comma after your ScrollTrigger selector.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, elegantseagulls said:

Also, when using ScrollTrigger inside of a gsap object/timeline you want to camelCase it: gsap.from("#section-2", { scrollTrigger: "#section-2", rotation: 15, y: 15, duration: 0.5 }).  You're also missing a comma after your ScrollTrigger selector.

Thank you for noticing. I indeed saw that and corrected it. It's working perfect now. 

• Like 1