Search Community

How do I make x: value change on resize?

kohlej test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by ZachSaucier,

Hello guys, 

I have two div: .box which is parent and .roller which is child.
.box has width of 50% while .roller has fixed width which is suppose to be bigger than .box.

As I scroll, I want the .roller to move to the left inside the .box and at the end point of trigger, .roller's right side should side with .box right side.
I got this working perfectly fine with my codepen example Demo 1, but I want it to work on resize. I tried using resize function but I dont know how to pass value...
I also tried to look into function-based values but couldnt find anything that would help me...

Any help is appreciated;

Demo 1 (Working example without resize)

See the Pen GRNKjWe by kohlej (@kohlej) on CodePen

Demo 2 (Not working example, trying to use resize function)

See the Pen PobYGeY?editors=0010 by kohlej (@kohlej) on CodePen

• Solution

Hey kohlej and thanks for the clear demo and your attempt at a solution! That's very helpful.

I recommend making use of the fact that ScrollTrigger can recalculate properties of your tween on resize so long as you tell it to using invalidateOnRefresh: true and a functional value for the property you want to change, like so:

See the Pen PobYWoO?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey kohlej and thanks for the clear demo and your attempt at a solution! That's very helpful.

I recommend making use of the fact that ScrollTrigger can recalculate properties of your tween on resize so long as you tell it to using invalidateOnRefresh: true and a functional value for the property you want to change, like so:

Thanks Zach, this is exactly what I needed. 

You're very welcome for the demo, the effort you guys put to help users on this platform is incredible, I'm pretty sure that greensock's forum is most "efficient" in giving solutions and most active forum on the internet, and that is thanks to you and few more people here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1