Search Community

DrawSVG console error with non scaling strokes

tomw_uk test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi all,

I'm using the DrawSVG plugin with ScrollTrigger to animate a path on scroll. When I use a path with vector-effect="non-scaling-stroke" applied, I get this error in my browser's console. TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 't._offsetPT.s'). Note, you won't see it in CodePen's console.

I've seen some other posts about issues with non proportionally scaled SVG, but I see this error even in my simple non-scaled example.

Any thoughts or pointers, greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tom.

See the Pen gOwNYKe by tomwelch (@tomwelch) on CodePen

hmmm... I think @GreenSock may need to take a look at this. I'm seeing some oddities here too. With a vector effect of non scaling stroke DrawSVG 3 doesn't seem to animate the path if I include a scale tween.

See the Pen d14ac7059d450c73e2ecb5ef2e361fef by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

But this worked fine in GSAP 2.

See the Pen 050fbc398630fce52e11fa1b491a1013 by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PointC said:

With a vector effect of non scaling stroke DrawSVG 3 doesn't seem to animate the path if I include a scale tween.

Interesting;

On my Desktop PC I'm seeing the same as @PointC mentioned, but on mobile (Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Internet) the path is being drawn, but there is no scale animation 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

Is it working better now (after clearing your cache)? There was a very particular edge case that I needed to work around in DrawSVGPlugin, requiring one line of conditional logic that I put into the next release, and you can preview it now on CodePen with the usual URL: https://assets.codepen.io/16327/DrawSVGPlugin3.min.js

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for everyone's help, and @GreenSock for fixing it on a Sunday.

9 hours ago, GreenSock said:

There was a very particular edge case that I needed to work around in DrawSVGPlugin, requiring one line of conditional logic that I put into the next release

Any idea when that release might be? Or are you able to share the patch you put in place?

Thanks again all,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...