Search Community

ScrollTrigger / Horizontal Scrolling Overflow Issue

fania test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by fania,

Hello, new member here. Been using your library for a long time =)  First time trying out a horizontal site, finally got a request to do one.  So using ScrollTrigger for this functionality.  Basically trying to replicate the examples in this post -> https://greensock.com/forums/topic/24309-scrolltrigger-horizontal-scrolling/

However, its not quite working right.   I have 4 divs inside the container.  These divs are set to 100% width ( may need to use pixels, let me know )

When I run, it works... I see the first "section" div, it scrolls but the other divs are hidden.  When I inspect, the container has overflow set to hidden, which explains why the rest of the divs are not visible.  When I disable overflow, all the sections show up and works fine.

I curious on what I'm doing wrong here, when I inspect the code in this post, the container does not have overflow set at all, but on mine it does.

Any help would be appreciated.

Code Pen Example

Looked at the line where it actually sets overflow: hidden --- 

ScrollTrigger.js Line 896

pin.firstChild && !_maxScroll(pin, direction) && (pin.style.overflow = "hidden"); // protects from collapsing margins!

Thank you!

See the Pen ExgGvEZ?editors=0100 by lavoe2k (@lavoe2k) on CodePen