Search Community

I want to purchase the club greensocks

danishbwtech7 test
Moderator Tag

• 5 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, ZachSaucier said:

A commercial license covers an unlimited number of products. I highly recommend that you look at the licensing :) 

Hi @ZachSaucier,

I am looking to get my office to purchase the BusinessGreen lifetime version. It states 'Permanent license
3 years of updates'.... would you happen to offer a license the lifetime with lifetime updates (vs only 3 years)? Thanks for your help!

Additionally, if you'd prefer an inquiry regarding licensing over a more official channel, please PM me that, and I will move this conversation over to there. Thank you

11 hours ago, vsiege said:

It states 'Permanent license
3 years of updates'.... would you happen to offer a license the lifetime with lifetime updates (vs only 3 years)?

@vsiege just to be clear, the permanent license NEVER expires. It's merely the access to ongoing updates that ends after 3 years but you can optionally extend those for 10% of the initial purchase price per year. Why not just include updates forever? This is a common practice in the software industry and it makes a lot of sense because it ensures that there's a funding mechanism in place to make the project viable long-term. At GreenSock, we have a VERY long track record of innovating and supporting our tools. We want to be there for our customers not just today, but for many years to come. Trust is extremely important to us. If we included updates forever, most of our customers may opt for that package and then over time, funding would dry up. Support load would keep increasing, but funding would decrease and at some point it would no longer be viable. That model doesn't fit with our long-term commitment to our customers. 

So ultimately as a customer you should see the limit on updates as a GOOD thing - it demonstrates our forward-thinking commitment to our users and the project overall.

I think you'll find that after 3 years, you'll see that small fee for access to updates as a no-brainer since the tools deliver so much value and save you thousands of dollars per year in productivity. If not, you can let the updates access expire but continue to use the tools as long as you want since that license is permanent. 

Does that answer your question? 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, GreenSock said:

@vsiege just to be clear, the permanent license NEVER expires. It's merely the access to ongoing updates that ends after 3 years but you can optionally extend those for 10% of the initial purchase price per year. Why not just include updates forever? This is a common practice in the software industry and it makes a lot of sense because it ensures that there's a funding mechanism in place to make the project viable long-term. At GreenSock, we have a VERY long track record of innovating and supporting our tools. We want to be there for our customers not just today, but for many years to come. Trust is extremely important to us. If we included updates forever, most of our customers may opt for that package and then over time, funding would dry up. Support load would keep increasing, but funding would decrease and at some point it would no longer be viable. That model doesn't fit with our long-term commitment to our customers. 

So ultimately as a customer you should see the limit on updates as a GOOD thing - it demonstrates our forward-thinking commitment to our users and the project overall.

I think you'll find that after 3 years, you'll see that small fee for access to updates as a no-brainer since the tools deliver so much value and save you thousands of dollars per year in productivity. If not, you can let the updates access expire but continue to use the tools as long as you want since that license is permanent. 

Does that answer your question? 

Thank you @GreenSock it certainly answers my question. Additionally, I have forwarded the information to the folks in my office. I've been incorporating your platform since the flash days and value the effort your team has put in to evolve it's capabilities. Cheers to you and your team!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1