Search Community

full menu navigation dropdown

Samsky test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mikel,

Hi @Samsky It is hard to understand what your code needs to do, because when disabling all javascript nothing is visible. What I would recommend is first styling everything with just CSS and placing it where in needs to end up and when that is done adding in the Javascript, right now everything is `width: 0%` and absolutely hidden which makes the CSS fight with GSAP and this doesn't have to be the case. 

Also you are using a really old version of GSAP (version 2) which is much harder than the new version 3. I would also suggest taking a look at some tutorials on youtube that are of the past year of so. To name a few channels that helped me: Ihatetomatoes, snorklTV, DesignCourse and of course the Greensock channel its self https://www.youtube.com/user/GreenSockLearning

• Like 4

• Solution

Hey @Samsky,

You need a concrete width, animate the height and not the width and ideally with a  .from tween

// css
.nav {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

// js

t1.from(".nav", 1.5, {
 height:'0%',
 ease: Expo.easeInOut,
 y: '0%',
 // ease: Back.easeOut
});

Happy tweening ...

Mikel

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mvaneijgen said:

Hi @Samsky It is hard to understand what your code needs to do, because when disabling all javascript nothing is visible. What I would recommend is first styling everything with just CSS and placing it where in needs to end up and when that is done adding in the Javascript, right now everything is `width: 0%` and absolutely hidden which makes the CSS fight with GSAP and this doesn't have to be the case. 

Also you are using a really old version of GSAP (version 2) which is much harder than the new version 3. I would also suggest taking a look at some tutorials on youtube that are of the past year of so. To name a few channels that helped me: Ihatetomatoes, snorklTV, DesignCourse and of course the Greensock channel its self https://www.youtube.com/user/GreenSockLearning

Thank you. 

Honestly  i'm very overwhelmed. I don't what to focus on anymore. there's too much to learn at the same time work has to be done on the side. 

it's just too much information. 

thanks for the advice!

20 minutes ago, mikel said:

Hey @Samsky,

You need a concrete width, animate the height and not the width and ideally with a  .from tween

// css
.nav {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
}

// js

t1.from(".nav", 1.5, {
 height:'0%',
 ease: Expo.easeInOut,
 y: '0%',
 // ease: Back.easeOut