Search Community

About License

Umberto test
Moderator Tag

Hi,
I am creating a website that I will sell on Envato, and by reading the license terms carefully there are points that I cannot find answers.

1. If after 1 or 2 years I do not have to renew the license, and then I will no longer be able to sell my work, can users who have purchased my website continue to use it?

2. I read in the Faq that by selling my project on envato (for example), buyers cannot make changes to my work. So, stupid question, if there is an animation in my project that scrolls from left to right and the user changes it from right to left, will they have to pay a subscription?
Can this be an example of a modification?

I ask you this, because I want to meet the terms 101% for both myself and my end users

Thanks

21 hours ago, Umberto said:

1. If after 1 or 2 years I do not have to renew the license, and then I will no longer be able to sell my work, can users who have purchased my website continue to use it?

Yes, your clients are not affected by you having or not having a membership. It only affects your access and your ability to sell products that use GSAP :) 

21 hours ago, Umberto said:

I read in the Faq that by selling my project on envato (for example), buyers cannot make changes to my work. So, stupid question, if there is an animation in my project that scrolls from left to right and the user changes it from right to left, will they have to pay a subscription?
Can this be an example of a modification?

It depends. If you set it up to have two classes (animate in from left and animate in from right) then there's no issue with the user being able to use both. But anytime that the user edits the GSAP-related code themselves they should get their own Club GreenSock membership as needed. This is because otherwise it'd be really easy for people to start a project with your theme as the start and then expand it into something quite different. Does that make sense?

Thanks for being concerned about doing things the right way!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 3:30 PM, ZachSaucier said:

It depends. If you set it up to have two classes (animate in from left and animate in from right) then there's no issue with the user being able to use both. But anytime that the user edits the GSAP-related code themselves they should get their own Club GreenSock membership as needed. This is because otherwise it'd be really easy for people to start a project with your theme as the start and then expand it into something quite different. Does that make sense?

I hadn't actually thought about it, correct.
I have more questions for you, but I'll ask you in a few days.

Thanks