Search Community

Animation play and reverse issue

ZajeliMiGuzik test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by akapowl,

Hello GreenSock forum!

I have some trouble with setting up my icon animation. If I append variables in local function, my animation start on click but not reverse on another.
Animation works if I have absolute values (without variables) but I want to have shorter code like currently. When my variables goes into global variables (like in CodePen example) my animation works but have some issues with frames and start glitching / lagging. 

I would be grateful for some help and examples to try it out.

See the Pen NWRbYGb by Baracode (@Baracode) on CodePen

• ZajeliMiGuzik changed the title to Animation play and reverse issue
  • Solution

Hey @ZajeliMiGuzik

If you take all those variables and the setup of the timeline out of that function, just set everything up beforehand, and on click only toglle the (play-)state of your timeline, it seems to work fine. 

Do you really need to have the variables inside that function? ...like, is there dynamic content, that changes with every click, or something and you need to adress that in your timeline somehow? If so, could you please make a minimal demo, of what that exactly looks like?

If not, I hope this already helped :) 

See the Pen d0905d472b06bfc639e79bcd6fe57893 by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, akapowl said:

Hey @ZajeliMiGuzik

If you take all those variables and the setup of the timeline out of that function, just set everything up beforehand, and on click only toglle the (play-)state of your timeline, it seems to work fine. 

Do you really need to have the variables inside that function? ...like, is there dynamic content, that changes with every click, or something and you need to adress that in your timeline somehow? If so, could you please make a minimal demo, of what that exactly looks like?

If not, I hope this already helped :) 

Cheers,

Paul

Hello Paul!
Now it works perfectly, thanks very much. 

I just want to use the same variable names for future timelines. Thats why I'm trying to find a solution like close variables in functions.