Search Community

TweenCore.setDelayType(TweenCore.MILLISECONDS)

cipriancaba test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

Not really sure if it's the right place to put this feature request here, but I would find it great to be able to set the delays you use throughout the applications as milliseconds. I rather use the milliseconds approach rather than the second based.

So, what do you think about a method that will set the type of delays used in the Tween* classes. Right now, i do it manually in the code :)

TweenCore.setDelayType(TweenCore.MILLISECONDS)

Cheers,

Ciprian

I understand the desire for such a feature, but there are several down sides:

1) It leads to confusion for developers. A consistent "seconds" handling of things prevents issues where a developer dives into a project midway through (or inherits it from others) and doesn't realize the timing was set to milliseconds and then all their tweens appear to instantly reach their end points. It also can cause issues in example code on the internet, etc. I'm a big fan of trying to keep things consistent especially in terms of the API.

2) It would bloat the code - this feature would be used by an EXTREMELY small percentage of the user base but everyone would be forced to pay the kb price. Not that it would be massive, but I try very hard to keep things clean and concise. If it was a feature that a LOT of people would use, I'd definitely consider it.

I appreciate the suggestion. Keep 'em coming.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

^^ what he said. Yes, forcing greensock to always use seconds keeps greensock consistent with itself across different projects, but it makes it inconsistent with all other js libraries, and javascript itself. So the consistency argument is not a good one.

So if I'm using javascript timeouts or other animation libraries alongside greensock, now I have to have two duration variables in every scope. Kind of a PITA.

• 4 years later...