Search Community

Can't figure how the delay time works in a stagger

Vincent D test
Moderator Tag

Hi! I'm doing a module where the words are sliding and need to always be at the same speed even if they have a different length. I managed to get very far but I'm stuck at the very end (I think), where I can't calculate the delay for when the words wrap.

What I know is that the first line needs a delay of around0.8 and the second one needs a delay of around 1.225. How does that delay works? Because I can't have hardcoded numbers since the size will change. 

Thanks in advance 😄

Here's a link to an image showing the problem : https://pasteboard.co/JCa7H2P.png

See the Pen NWRKBMg?editors=1010 by d00td00t (@d00td00t) on CodePen

Hey @Vincent D

Heads Up:

I genuinely feel bad for posting this, and you should probably not rely on this at all, because I actually have no basis for explaining to you why this works.

I tried to wrap my head around how to calculate the delay, but ended up with hammering in wild guesses, and that is one of them (that to me myself actually doesn't make sense at all why it would work like that).

See the Pen bc6b7feeb76599ba0718421d707c300c by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

The dimensions and padding being different than yours, is just related to me trying to break this - and I didn't get there - so hey, that's something 😅

Until maybe someone else comes along, to offer more profound help on that you could just take a look on it - and maybe try breaking it yourself.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vincent D said:

Thanks you sooooo much! I really need this, now I will try to understand it because it bugs me not to understand. You gave me the key for it and I'm really thankful for it!! 😁 

Remember, that I said the following

1 hour ago, akapowl said:

I genuinely feel bad for posting this, and you should probably not rely on this at all, because I actually have no basis for explaining to you why this works.

I tried to wrap my head around how to calculate the delay, but ended up with hammering in wild guesses, and that is one of them (that to me myself actually doesn't make sense at all why it would work like that).

So I really wouldn't call this 'the key for it' or the best starting point for getting an understanding of anything.