Search Community

(Bug?) MotionPathPlugin unsets element position when looping in negative direction

Taylan test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hey Taylan. Currently MotionPathPlugin only works with looping in the positive direction. So if you changed end to 

const end = start + distance;

and reversed the direction of your path it'd work as you'd expect. We'll discuss whether or not MotionPathPlugin should support looping in the negative direction and get back to you.

Side note: Make sure you're using the latest version of GSAP. That demo is using an old version :) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 8:34 AM, GreenSock said:

Hello again, I think you guys are actively working on the script on this URL? I, unfortunately used that URL as CDN and now there is a bug (that wasn't there at the time of this post). Bug is mainly about sometimes element not animating at all when start and end values are different in integer level (I mean when it's moving from 1.8 to 2.1, -1.9 to -2.3 etc. You can see it on the original post's codepen. (Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'samples' of undefined)

See the Pen NWRxMgG by taylankasap (@taylankasap) on CodePen

Of course this might be caused by me using MotionPathPlugin 3.6 with GSAP 3.5.1. Is there a GSAP 3.6 preview I can test? Or maybe MotionPathPlugin's old version so I can revert back to the working version for now  (and by old I don't mean 3.5.1, I mean the one you sent me the first time under this topic)?

• Thanks 1