Search Community

The last hot feature of your loader class...

rizal72 test
Moderator Tag

In my CustomLoader Class there is a property called "hasLoading:Boolean" (default: false) that automatically adds a simple centered loading circle during the loading process (without any progress percentage). There is also a "loadingColor:uint" property for setting the color value of it. It would be the last hot nice feature of your loader class, isn't it?

It's an easy add-on and very useful i think... so that the user dont have to think to a loading UI by himself, for a fast and easy image loader, for example

Riccardo

That's actually something I've been toying with as an external piece - you probably saw it in the LoaderMax example. I've got a circular loader that can automatically center itself, listen for any number of LoaderMax instances and animate into place when a loader begins and animates out when the loader completes. It can even blur and dim the entire stage for a neat effect. You can set the color, radius, thickness, blur amount and a bunch of other parameters. I haven't really finalized it yet and it's not documented. We'll see - maybe I'll release it at some point.

That's definitely something that should NOT be part of the core LoaderMax class, though - it should be an add-on external thing. It would bloat LoaderMax unnecessarily and folks that don't want to use it would be forced to pay the kb price. See what I mean?

Thanks for the suggestion(s). Keep 'em coming.

I agree, it should be external (perhaps i was not clear in my last post: in my loaderclass it's external too), but there should be definitely something to allow the user to have a loading iterface. Setting the property to false you do not have any extra kb... So please keep working on it and finalize! :))))))

I totally support releasing the display classes as an external add on. But by all means please do release it into the wild! Not having to think about adding a loader element is very nice and having it auto-connect itself to LoaderMax is just sweet. The way you have it split so the visual display is separate so it can be customized is very useful as well. That is something I'd be looking forward to. :)

• 1 month later...

I too noticed the loading bar and circle in the LoaderMax demos - very nice.

I wanted to ask, as a Club member, how one goes about implementing them.

Jack, might you post a snippet/explanation regarding the how to's?

thanks in advance

I'm very hesitant to encourage any adoption of those preloader classes yet because I wouldn't consider them ready for release. Not that they contain bugs, but they were more quick-sketching on my part of a concept that I'd like to develop more. The API will likely change, so I don't want to start posting code here that will be obsolete as soon as I make refinements. Gimme some time and I hope to get something out there for Club members. Stand by...

I must say that i have used them already a lot in my custom Loader classes :)

for example I have created a very useful TimelineLoading Component that you just drag on the first frame of your Flash, then set color and type (circle or bar) and it generates a very nice preload for your timeline content :)

If there's a place here at greensock to put it, i'll be happy to share: it's really useful and time saving.

Hi Rizal

I, for one, would be interested - have a project where such is needed asap - a finishing touch

Not sure, but my guess is that Jack already has plans and would discourage posting such.

Nonetheless - I would be interested in taking a close look at your source.

Can I contact you privately?

PM or Email?

cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for the reply - looks like you have been very busy - working on some impressive code

managed to download your libraries - have left a personal message regarding src-flas in your distribution.

seems my version fo cs4 cannot open them.

Thanks again for your sharing your stuff. Will be looking into your classes - particularly slideshow.

- looks good -

cheers ;)

Hi, I'm glad you're enjoying my CustomClasses :) I will post soon CS4 sources. I suggest you to take a look at CustomLoader and SimpleCarousel: my last works are deeply based on these classes: http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/acmilan ... idas_cc=en (this last one is still in teaser phase, it will launch on next thursday).

But i would not achieve anything at all without greensock classes and the study of them!

Enjoy!