Search Community

GSAP installation with Token and yarn

MoHDI test
Moderator Tag

I'm trying to have GSAP+ bonus files installed easily on projects. I've had some issues with yarn and conflicts/issue when changing the registry info. 

Can someone please post a short video on how to set up the yarn / the yarn registry so it doesn't jam up things so much? The steps i followed on the installation page seemed to have broken other things. So I feel like I really need my hand held through this setup.  

Also how do I avoid integrity checks failures with yarn when working on a different project? I've had some success deleting the yarn.lock file. I would like to know if there's some better way to go about this.

Any help would be appreciated. 

👨‍🦯

Hey MoHDI and welcome to the GreenSock forums. Thanks so much for supporting GreenSock with a Club GreenSock membership! Sorry to hear about the troubles that you're having. 

Most likely the easiest way to get the Club files working, keep them synced between developers, and be able to update them easily is to use GreenSock's private registry. You can find the Yarn instructions for how to do that here. The video talking about how to install via the private registry may also be helpful but in that video I walk through how to install via NPM. 

If you're still not getting things working, please post what issues you're specifically running into. 

10 minutes ago, MoHDI said:

how do I avoid integrity checks failures with yarn when working on a different project? I've had some success deleting the yarn.lock file. I would like to know if there's some better way to go about this.

Sorry, I am not following along with your question. What do you mean by "working on a different project"? What's causing an issue?

Hi Zach, 

Thank you for the quick reply. I found the NPM setup video very helpful. I'll try to take better notes next time this issue occurs. Basically when I changed the yarn registry to point to gsap with the yarn config. I'd have issues.

I'm wondering if I can have multiple registry's for these files? 

I'm feeling like directly editing the .yarnrc file as indicated on the yarn install instructions might be incorrect. When I open that file I get this message 
# THIS IS AN AUTOGENERATED FILE. DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE DIRECTLY.

So instead of editing that file, I updated the config settings for yarn as that seems to make sense. The issue occurs when changing the registry from 
registry "https://registry.yarnpkg.com" to the GSAP one. 

While in one instance I was able to install my gsap with token and bonus files. I was then unable to use yarn for other things after that.  

I'm still pretty new to setting things up so. I feel like I'd be of better service to both of us if I worked on this more and was able to get better documentation of my issues. 

5 minutes ago, MoHDI said:

I'm wondering if I can have multiple registry's for these files? 

What do you mean? Like a fallback registry? I'm not sure how to do that with yarn.

I'm feeling like directly editing the .yarnrc file as indicated on the yarn install instructions might be incorrect.

When creating the methodology the person who is more familiar with yarn recommended that the .yarnrc file itself be edited. 

Have you tried following the steps exactly? I understand you might not want to use that approach but we'd like to know if the approach doesn't work in your situation and figure out why that might be. 

I'm still pretty new to setting things up so.

So are we :) Especially with yarn, given less people use it than NPM and it seems to be less maintained. 

• ZachSaucier changed the title to GSAP installation with Token and yarn