Search Community

prepending base url paths

colinfry test
Moderator Tag

Firstly thanks for an awesome addition to the Greensocks arsenal. Never leave home without it!!

This isn't strictly a loaderMax issue, but maybe a nice additional feature.

One of things I find myself constantly having to do is prepending a base path to the url of assets I'm loading. Also this can be changing during the lifecycle of the project. So for instance I'm not using a base path during local development, but I may once the project moves to a staging server. Then again another path when the app is hosted. And this may not be the same as the url of the swf if assets are held in a cms. I'm sure you get the picture.

So the ability to add a hard coded or dynamically created base path would be a real bonus, especially if creating loaderMax instances in xml.

Anyone else?

Cheers

Valid point. I just uploaded a new version (0.9) that adds a prependChildrenURLs() method to LoaderMax that...um...well I'm sure you can figure it out :) XMLLoader will now recognize that too, so you could have XML like:

And it would act as though the ImageLoaders' urls were "http://www.greensock.com/images/image1.jpg" and "http://www.greensock.com/images/image2.jpg" respectively.

Make sense?

Also, anyone got opinions about "prependChildrenURLs()" vs "prependChildURLs()"? I use "Children" in the other method names that have to do with affecting multiple children, but then again "prependChildURLs()" rolls off the tongue a little easier.