Search Community

Scrolling within a pinned object

Stickguy test
Moderator Tag

I am trying to achieve an effect where a section with a background image scrolls in. The background image should pin, and the content of the next few sections should scroll over it. The last of these sections should unpin the background and scroll out. I wrapped the sections I want to scroll inside a div, but when it pins, none of the content inside the div will scroll. Is there a better way to approach this?

See the Pen jOrKGRx by Stickguy (@Stickguy) on CodePen

• 1 year later...

Welcome to the GSAP forums @RWalter

31 minutes ago, RWalter said:

Why does this only work with three panels? What do I need to adjust if I need 4 or five panels?

It doesn't only work with three panels, but for every panel that you add you will have to adjust the end of the ScrollTrigger by 100%

See the Pen MWrGGgR by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

Or as an alternative, making it more flexible set the end alongside an endTrigger, like this maybe

You'll find more about end and endTrigger in the ScrollTrigger docs. Happy tweening!

See the Pen yLpjjNr by akapowl (@akapowl) on CodePen

• Like 2

12 hours ago, akapowl said:

Welcome to the GSAP forums @RWalter

It doesn't only work with three panels, but for every panel that you add you will have to adjust the end of the ScrollTrigger by 100%

Or as an alternative, making it more flexible set the end alongside an endTrigger, like this maybe

You'll find more about end and endTrigger in the ScrollTrigger docs. Happy tweening!

Great. The second alternative is exactly what I need.