Search Community

How to create menu with pin?

DaemonHK test
Moderator Tag

Hello and sorry for my English...

On my pen I was try to create menu with content section with pin module. But something wrong happening (don't seen on example(() - when I click on link "Section 3", page scrolled to Section 4 Content and stoping.

So, can anybody help me with full GSAP example (or help update my example with some jq) with fixed/sticky menu, when page scrolled to needed section, with pin blocks into content section and activated menu link when pin is visible?

P.S. If needed, I can update my example for more code and details.

See the Pen XWKKeWb by daemonhk (@daemonhk) on CodePen

4 hours ago, DaemonHK said:

my main problem is - gsap.to(window, {scrollTo: e.target.getAttribute("href")});

When I click by link, wasn't happening anything or code get false ID, but ID from link and section are same.

Hey DaemonHK. I don't understand your issue. What's wrong in the demo that you posted? Can you please try rephrasing?

• 3 weeks later...

You've got a lot of stuff going on there.

We don't recommend using your own scroll function like that to constantly check the scroll position of things because the performance is very bad. We recommend setting up ScrollTriggers for that sort of thing as they will perform much better.

Additionally we recommend GSAP's ScrollToPlugin over using jQuery's animations for your anchor clicks.

It's also unclear to me what you're wanting the ScrollTriggers do that you do have.

I need: scrolling with pin animation, adding active class to current menu point, click to menu and scrolling to needed block, normal animation to static block after pin blocks)) I have a problem with GSAP clicking to menu - nothing is happening or document scroll to another block, but I'm still working with it...

That's not caused by GSAP/ScrollTrigger. That's caused by your custom scroll related code that I recommended you not use. You can test by getting rid of everything after line 14.

How about you follow my recommendations from the posts above to try and get it working the way you need it to work and then post back here if you're still having trouble?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for long answer... I have renew my codePen (jQuery only for adding class to fixed menu).

1. Now all clicks execute by GSAP and it doesn't work by clicking on fixed menu (I need to scroll to block when click on its menu point).

2. MAIN question is - when I scroll to the end of GSAP's blocks to last static block - is there no animation, jast jumping from block to block. How I can do smooth change from GSAP blocks to static block and backward?

• 6 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, mikel said:

Hi @mikel

I have a quick question for you. I have the functionality that woks exactly like your demo below.

I need to add a class Active to each button instead of the background color. 
Whats the best approach? I know className: '-=' className: '+=' are not longer supported? 

Happy tweening ...

Mikel