Search Community

Destroy scrollerProxy

Roman Baranov test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone, thanks guys for gsap and all about it. I use barba + locomotive + gsap on my project, i try to destroy all ScrollTriggers with 

ScrollTrigger.getAll().forEach((trigger) => trigger.kill());

But i have some errors from ScrollerProxy, and i think my code doesnt destroy all ScrollTriggers, especially scrollerProxy.

There my code for scrollerProxy, almost duplicate from docs

if (scrollContainer) {
        window.locoInstance.on('scroll', ScrollTrigger.update);
        ScrollTrigger.scrollerProxy(scrollContainer, {
            scrollTop(value) {
                return arguments.length ? window.locoInstance.scrollTo(value, 0, 0) : window.locoInstance.scroll.instance.scroll.y;
            },
            getBoundingClientRect() {
                return { top: 0, left: 0, width: window.innerWidth, height: window.innerHeight };
            },
            pinType: scrollContainer.style.transform ? 'transform' : 'fixed',
        })
    }

There error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'scroll' of null
    at ScrollTrigger.scrollTop [as scroll]
    at _updateAll 

Sorry for my english, sorry it's not codepen, and if it's something stupid, i just tired and don't know why and how to fix this, thanks

21 hours ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey Roman and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

It's really hard to debug blindly. Can you please make a minimal demo of the issue?

I'm not sure, how i can use barba on codepen, where shoul redirect links, but i don't ask for debug, main question its how i can fully destroy script for scrollerProxy

It looks like you might be using Locomotive Scroll? So is your question how to kill the Locomotive Scroll instance? It has a .destroy() method if so.

If that's not what you're looking for I don't understand what you are looking for. A demo would help us understand and better be able to help. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZachSaucier said:

It looks like you might be using Locomotive Scroll? So is your question how to kill the Locomotive Scroll instance? It has a .destroy() method if so.

If that's not what you're looking for I don't understand what you are looking for. A demo would help us understand and better be able to help. 

Im use barba first time, and i think my scripts failed w/o errors on console, and locomotive doesnt destroy because script failed before destroy, and I get some scrollTrigger errors, and think I need destroy locomotive scroll and scrollerProxy, thank you for help, i'm just confused, but now I found reasons why I get this errors

• 2 weeks later...

You may create a project with two or more pages in codepen. Create a demo, I am also interested in this issue.

On 16.10.2020 at 06:31, Roman Baranov said:

Я использую barba в первый раз, и я думаю, что мои скрипты не прошли без ошибок на консоли, а локомотив не уничтожается, потому что скрипт завершился неудачно до уничтожения, и я получаю некоторые ошибки scrollTrigger и думаю, что мне нужно уничтожить прокрутку локомотива и scrollerProxy, спасибо за помощь , я просто запутался, но теперь я нашел причины, по которым у меня появляются эти ошибки

Hey guys, helpless me again :D

I´ve made this codepen to abstract my problem, which solves my initial problem of disabling multiple gsap-instances when switched to some other scroll reference. very useful!

Now I´m facing quite the same issue as described above, but by using asscroll library.

In the example it´s not refreshing the gsap params if you open the overlay by clicking one of these boxes.

See the Pen yLJKBpw by rkxn (@rkxn) on CodePen

Can you please check if this is the right way to implement scrollerProxy?

stay safe,

Best,

Richard