Search Community

Preloading Site (ReactJS)

Nine test
Moderator Tag

Is there a plugin which can be used concerning the preloading of website, or some form of documentation what works best with GSAP and any tips for it? I am trying to build myself a portfolio website and want to preload the website and during that time displaying a GSAP animation.

Hey Nine. GSAP doesn't have a plugin specifically for preloading content - that's a bit out of scope for what GSAP is :) 

The core concept is:

• Load only the code necessary for the preloader. Start the preloader animation. Make sure the overflow is hidden.
  • Either directly after the code for the preloader has been added or in parallel (depending on what your preference is) start loading the actual page's content. Set it up behind the preloader content. 
  • Once all of your content has been loaded (optionally just the content above the fold) do an outro animation for the preloader and show the actual page content. Make sure the overflow is back to its normal value.

I am not aware of React libraries to help with this. I'm sure there's something for it out there.