Search Community

GSAP Animation Sequences Overlapping And Disturbing Each Other

Nine test
Moderator Tag

Hey Nine and welcome to the GreenSock forums! 

You're making a couple of the most common GSAP mistakes. I highly recommend giving the whole article a read. The key to doing this sort of thing is to create the animation outside of the event listeners and just use control methods inside of the event listeners. I talk more extensive about that topic specifically in my article about animating efficiently which is a great learning resource as well :) 

Your ease is also invalid, I'm not sure where you got that formatting from.

I'm not 100% sure what your end goal is but the end result could be something like this:

See the Pen LYNMyNo?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey Nine and welcome to the GreenSock forums! 

You're making a couple of the most common GSAP mistakes. I highly recommend giving the whole article a read. The key to doing this sort of thing is to create the animation outside of the event listeners and just use control methods inside of the event listeners. I talk more extensive about that topic specifically in my article about animating efficiently which is a great learning resource as well :) 

Your ease is also invalid, I'm not sure where you got that formatting from.

I'm not 100% sure what your end goal is but the end result could be something like this:

Thanks a lot, what I am trying to do is to recreate this effect: https://www.shiftbrain.com/

On the left side of the website after the page load are three control buttons which are basically the navigation of the site for the different sections, and I am kinda confused how to do it as I lack a lot of understanding still concerning the whole library and animations :D