Search Community

Fullscreen slider vertical touch buttons problem

Synapsus IT AB test
Moderator Tag

Hi all!

So I really enjoy gsap and I've been working on a vertical fullscreen website based on Craigs codepen: 

So on desktop it all works fine, but I've found a mobile specific bug where if a user drags the draggable and then tries to click a button, the actions will be ignored.

In this pen,  (Chrome on Android), if I drag to the bottom I can't click the "Follow @Craig" button, but if I get to the bottom via the arrows, the button works.

Now I've found a solution in adding "dragClickables: false," to the draggable object, but now you need to press once outside the button after you are done dragging, otherwise the button is still unclickable.

So a "hacky" patch I found to that is to programatically add a fake click right after a drag, in the specific codepen I added it to the slideAnim function under line 86 after the "dragger" check.

container.dispatchEvent(new PointerEvent("pointerdown"));

So this fixes it, but I'm very curious about the underlying problem. 

Thanks for your interest :)

See the Pen MzWzyv by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Edited by Synapsus IT AB

Okay, who broke my pen? ;)

There is something amiss here. I can reproduce the problem on my iPad in Safari, but Chrome is fine.

I ripped out a few pieces from the big demo and made a quick little 3 panel version.

See the Pen ZEWqLVK by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Setting dragClickables: false does indeed work, but I'm almost certain it was fine when I first made this pen. Though that was a long time ago so...

I'm seeing another weird thing on CodePen. If I click my Follow on Twitter link in the editor view, it's blocked in Chrome and Edge. FF is fine. The only way I can get that link to work is from Debug View. I'm talking about desktop too here. Can anyone confirm that for me?

4Yqge87.jpg