Search Community

How to control speed of gsap.to() function

jayakannan test
Moderator Tag

I am using gsap to change the position of camera in threejs .  I need to control the speed of gsap.to() . Below is my code for changing the position

gsap.to( camera.position, {
					duration: 1,
					y: 5,
					} );

Now I need to control the movement speed of it. How to do that. Thanks in advance.

Hi @mikel , 

Thank you for your kind reply, I need to change the position of camera in threejs. For that I am using gsap.to() function.  It is working, but I felt that the speed is little much faster. So, to control that, I need help. From above answer I tested the timeScale within the gsap.to() function. But it shows an warning like, Invalid property timeScale set to 0.5 Missing plugin? gsap.registerPlugin().  How to achieve this.

Hey @jayakannan

I really don't know, if I understand correctly, but if you simply just wanted to de- or increase the 'speed' of that single tween, it would help changing the duration on it.

A duration of 0.5 seconds would make your camera go to that 'y:5' in a shorter time period, thus faster - a duration of 2.0 would make it go there in a longer time period, thus slower.

• Like 3