Search Community

how to keep animating while ScrollTrigger no jumpy animation

sadeghbarati test
Moderator Tag

Hey sadeghbarati007.  To create this effect you need to have a couple of key things:

1. An animation that animates the text and wraps/loops perfectly.
  2. Something to track the scroll velocity (ScrollTrigger has a handy method for that) and tween the timeScale of the animation from 1) to speed it up and keep it going in the direction of the scroll.

That should be enough to get you started :) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZachSaucier said:

Hey sadeghbarati007.  To create this effect you need to have a couple of key things:

1. An animation that animates the text and wraps/loops perfectly.
  2. Something to track the scroll velocity (ScrollTrigger has a handy method for that) and tween the timeScale of the animation from 1) to speed it up and keep it going in the direction of the scroll.

That should be enough to get you started :) 

Thanks for quick response I'll check this out

@ZachSaucier
Thanks for help getVelocity parameter helps me but
How to get best velocity size coz it's generate big number while scrolling and timeScale is gets really faster

getVelocity / 100 ?
Math helpers?

See the Pen mdPmOag by riccardo051 (@riccardo051) on CodePen

Many repetitive topics I see in Gsap fourm is how to get best wrapping loops and that my question too

FYI this was already asked about here:

5 hours ago, sadeghbarati007 said:

How to get best velocity size coz it's generate big number while scrolling and timeScale is gets really faster
getVelocity / 100 ?

Ya, or even more like getVelocity / 1000 or some other formula you come up with. It depends on the feel that you want.

5 hours ago, sadeghbarati007 said:

how to get best wrapping loops and that my question too

Use modifiers. This post talks about how:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sadeghbarati007 said:

looks like Math helpers some of them can't work with negative values so returns NaN
it's not Gsap error I just want to get best value from getVelocity with best helper you suggesting 

Oh, right - that has nothing to do with anything in GSAP. Math.pow(-1, 0.2) returns NaN. Is there something GSAP-related you need some help with? 

@ZachSaucier

@GreenSock

@OSUblake

@mikel

Hi again

how to update Modifier value with Scroll Direction ( not separate rightToLeft leftToRight wrap function )

coz its wrap just in one direction ( scrollTrigger direction ) if you change direction ( negative timeScale )  it stop at end of tween 

not keeping the loop continue 

another question how to use wrap without Absolute positioning

coz we may have different text and different width size in Scrolling container ?

can you guys do a favor and make a best solution for us its really hurts when you can't find solution 😭😭😢

I wonder if you're looking for something like this(?): 

See the Pen 34ab29d25b360d28fcd6f5fa3f4ec2a5?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Keep in mind that repeat: -1 means to repeat [virtually] infinitely in the forward direction. If you reverse at some point, the playhead would eventually end up at the beginning and stop. That's very intentional, otherwise there could be logic problems with determining durations of ancestor timelines, as well as several other complexities. You can make it appear to go infinitely in reverse, you could push the playhead forward in an onReverseComplete, like iteration(100) or something. 

• Like 1