Search Community

ScrollTrigger on whole page doesn't work without markers

Men At Code test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I've applied ScrollTrigger to the whole page, in order to achieve a smooth effect. 

When I remove markers or set them to false, the page stays fixed on first viewport and doesn't scroll; while with markers active (true) it works perfectly. 

I was wondering if there's some setting that i'm missing or some problems in the configuration. 

This is how i initialized it:

gsap.to('.container', {
      y: () => -(this.scrollService.height - document.documentElement.clientHeight),
      ease: "none",
      scrollTrigger: {
        id: "scrollTrigger",
        start: "top top",
        end: document.querySelector(".container").clientHeight,
        scrub: 1,
        invalidateOnRefresh: true,
        refreshPriority: 1,
        markers: true
      }
    });

as soon as i set markers false, it breaks. 

If anyone knows what's wrong, it'd be great, cause i've done some research but can't figure out why markers need to be active.

Thank you very much

It definitely sounds like the problem is that you've got your page set up WITHOUT ANY SCROLL. ScrollTrigger doesn't add extra scroll or anything for you (well, unless you do pinning). I imagine you just need to tweak your CSS so that your page is set up to have some scroll. Adding markers obviously would place them down below the viewport, thus making it scrollable. That's probably why it's working only when you have markers: true. Sounds like some simple issues with your CSS/setup. Like maybe something like body { height: 200vh; }

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1