Search Community

Ihatetomatoes "Practical GreenSock" Tutorials - Giveaway

Ihatetomatoes test
Moderator Tag

Hi everyone, as some of you might know I have been working on putting together a series of GreenSock tutorials based on examples from cool award winning websites

Practical GreenSock is now open for signups and you get also a nice launch bonus (40% off Club GreenSock!) from the @greensock team:)

If you have any feedback, questions or suggestions, please let me know.

I did run a giveaway on my site that is now closed. I know I should have invited some of the GreenSock fans from the forum to enter but there was so much to do to get the courses live that I forgot. Apologies for that.

Let me know "What do you like the most about GreenSock?" in the comments below and I will randomly pick 3 winners of Practical GreenSock.

Good luck!

• Like 9

I love the freedom to create without all the worry about cross browser performance. Dealing with transforms cross browser with CSS animations is... fun. 

I also love the ability to change timing on larger animations in one place (like a master timeline) instead of having to go in and change the timing for every tween when some one says "Hey I think this could be faster!" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just love it's library and it gets the job done with literally so less code... actually more excited for the bella course..as it blew me away when i just saw a glimpse of it..really would love to get the opportunity to build out that website with sick animations using gsap..!! I really want to make a portfolio website and this looks like just the thing I needed..!

• Like 3

Newbie here to the forums. I have used GSAP in the past for a few small jobs and was always amazed how simple it was to create tweens on a timeline and control them dynamically. Coming from Flash, which I sorely miss, the code makes sense, but I never got deeper into it. Looking to go back to my animation roots to deliver some great UI for them in the future!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, batacan said:

I'm a lazy man and GSAP good for to create mind blowing animation effects with minimum code in short time.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but this made me laugh. Honest and to the point. "I'm a lazy man" 🤣 Brilliant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We are all lazy @batacan don't worry :).

GSAP is great because it lets me focus on coding the idea I have, rather than on cross-browser compatibility and performance.

Thanks everyone for the entries, I am excluding myself voluntarily from this giveaway 😃

I didn't mention the end of the this giveaway so lets make it 23rd August 2020. Good Luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Greensock has been amazing over the years. I remember the olden days of GSAP with AS2 & AS3!! Once Flash died, I was afraid Greensock would have gone with it. But NAY!!! Greensock has blossomed into THE quintessential piece of DOM animation platform-y goodness! I'm just learning to include it with THREE.js also!

🔥

• Like 3

I love the fact that even non-developers and beginners with very limited knowledge of js (like me) still can produce professional looking websites and animation. I learned almost everything I know just by studying code from this community. And I didn’t even scratch the surface yet of what is possible with GS!

Greensock forum is my homepage for a year now and first thing I read with my morning coffee. I open, save and sort in collections every new post because I might need it later. I follow posts and people that have interesting problems or solutions. Then I check their Codepen to see if they have some more gsap magic there...

I love when Jack and Zack (and other Superheroes on forum)  for milionth time ask someone (like me) to make minimal Codepen demo, but still do it with smile on their faces

(you can’t see it, but you can feel it).

thank you

cheers

* not a single emoji harmed in this post

** hatetomatoestoo

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

@fogseller Ha! What a nice post. It means a lot that you pick up on the friendliness around here, even when we seem to pester folks for minimal demos :) It is indeed done with a heart eager to help people as best we can. 🙌

Ain't nothin' wrong with emoji abuse once in a while. ;)

I personally find tomatoes to be...meh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1