Search Community

Scrolltrigger jank while using element as scroller

mfk test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I've been using scrollTrigger for abit but today i was trying to pin something while scrollign within an element (not body) and im experiencing jankyness in the pinning of the trigger.

I did a video capture here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/88tlf0q3md8c4zm/scrolltrigger-jank.mp4?dl=0

Happened in chrome and particularly happens more on larger sized browsers.

Cant quite replicate the source for now but was wondering if anyone else experienced something similar

Hey @mfk

I was experiencing sort of the same when scrolling and pinning within in an element other than body

( though for me it only appeared on mobile)

Check the conversation in this thread and especially @GreenSock's last answer over there.

The pens in that thread do not exactly represent the same beahaviour, that you are experiencing, but in the real project of mine, I had exactly the same stuttering appear, and could fix it that way.

Maybe it will help in your case, too.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

just finally figured out the issue with this. just for the benefit for anyone else who might face this same issue, i'll just put this here.

the custom scroller im using is a fixed positioned element that overlays the body (like a scrollable modal)
and the reason for the jank was that when i scrolled on the modal, the body element is also being scrolled at the same time.

my solution was to apply overflow:hidden to the body when the popup was active and the issue was solved.

• Like 1