Search Community

Premium plugins available for everyone on this link

bdrtsky test
Moderator Tag

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link.

19 minutes ago, bdrtsky said:

Does this mean I can also share premium plugins in open source projects? Thanks.

Please don't, that is basically an error on the folks of Netlify, that file shouldn't be there at all. The club memberships are what keeps GSAP running, improving and coming up with great tools, it's quite affordable and the investment returns almost immediately (normally getting paid for one job should get any developer, of any skill level their money back).

I'm sure @GreenSock will get in touch with Sarah in order to correct the repo and it's history in order to remove that.

Happy tweening!!!

• Like 3

I am fully agree, and I have GSAP licence myself (other company account). But, what keeps me of sharing great thing open source, is the license rules. And when I saw Netlify and Sarah doing this, I was like, "wtf, I can do that?"

5 minutes ago, bdrtsky said:

when I saw Netlify and Sarah doing this, I was like, "wtf, I can do that?"

Hah, no. People should include the .tgz file in their .gitignore - it seems that they forgot or didn't know to do that. The interesting thing is I don't think they actually ended up using any of the club plugins! It's there from previous iterations of the site. 

Please don't include Club GreenSock files in publicly available repositories. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

I'm sure @GreenSock will get in touch with Sarah in order to correct the repo and it's history in order to remove that.

Indeed, within 5 minutes of seeing this post, we reached out to Sarah and the Netlify folks. Totally an accident and they're working on resolving it. Thanks for pointing it out. They were very apologetic. A lot of people are under the impression that ScrollTrigger must be a members-only bonus plugin because it's so complex and valuable, but nope - it's covered under the standard "no charge" license and it's in the public downloads. 

The Netlify site is a fantastic example of what can be done with the tools. Hats off to the team there (Sarah in particular). We think it's awesome that they shared things the way they did - the only issue was the bonus plugins, but that'll be resolved shortly. 👍

• Like 3