Search Community

scrollTrigger markers: true

tyte test
Moderator Tag

Hi!

I have a question about a strange problem that I encounter with markers in scrollTrigger plugin.

When I use "markers: true" everything works just fine. When I remove them, nothing works. No errors in the console appear.

Sorry for not providing demo, I will try to add one if you can't help me without it.

• 2 years later...

Thank you Rodrigo for your reply !

There are still some issues : in your example the scroll stops at card 7 while there are 8 blocs (in the codepen preview), and there is a "dead scroll zone" at the end where nothing happens.

I want the scroll to fit perfectly with the #carousel regardless of the size of the viewport 😅  It fits with markers = true so I guess it is doable without having to change the css at all.

Hi,

Actually there are all visible both in the embedded example and the live one:

BEqZuKS.png

0RHVei1.png

The reason for having some extra or dead scroll is because you have an end point for the ScrollTrigger instance of +=2000 pixels, so the viewport need at least 2000 pixels of scrolling plus the height of the viewport, which is variable. On top of that you have a fixed element.

Honestly is better to use ScrollTrigger's pin option and not trouble yourself with all that:

See the Pen dyqKMzE by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 2