Search Community

Oops! Trial version of CustomEase deployed

studioalloy test
Moderator Tag

I have a website where I just pushed to the staging environment and get the following message (see attachment)

I've just downloaded the minified version from my account and put it into my head (for now because I'm still testing) (sidenote: the rest of GSAP is being included via Bower, in the parent theme of a Wordpress site, CustomEase is in the head of of the child theme, latest version just downloaded it)

Screenshot 2020-07-10 10.15.53.png

Just for the record, the only reason that would EVER happen is if you were using one of the special trial versions of the plugins that we only make available on CodePen.io. Those have domain-sniffing so they won't run elsewhere. But the "real" plugins that you download from GreenSock.com after joining Club GreenSock have ZERO domain-sniffing code (or any restrictions whatsoever). Those would never redirect or suddenly stop working due to something like an expired membership. 

Happy tweening!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi @DGREATEJ5. It looks like your image didn't attach properly. 

If you're getting a message about the trial version, it definitely means you're loading a trial version of the plugin that isn't authorized on that domain. Perhaps you got it from CodePen? It's pretty much impossible for us to troubleshoot blind, unfortunately. Do you have a URL? 

You could just sign up for Club GreenSock and get the unrestricted version of the plugin and drop it into your site. https://greensock.com/club But of course if you're still loading the old/trial one somewhere, you'll definitely need to get rid of that (replace it with the file you get with your Club GreenSock membership)

• 9 months later...

Hello,
I am getting same issue, my domain is redirecting on trial version page.
I had installed plugin using command "npm install gsap".
After getting this issue ive signed up, remove old plugin and installed fresh one as mentioned in my dashboard.
But still no luck.

Currently, gsap/member folder is in use.

Kindle help me with this.

Domain: http://dev.pushpadesigner.ca/

Screenshot_2.png

image.png

Just echoing what Jack said and pointing you towards the issue - you're referencing a few club plugins directly from codepen. Those links won't work.

A little FYI too - It's not great practice to use assets or files that other people are hosting, at best they may take those files down, at worst you may get CORS errors or even incur costs on someone if your site visitors hit their server too much. 

I once used a codepen hosted GSAP file for a banner ad back in the day, that was a disaster - so don't worry we've all been there 🫠

• Like 1