Search Community

Issue during building as well as deploying site in Gatsby

Jacek Łudzik test
Moderator Tag

I'm trying to build and deploy my project in Gatsby but can't figure out how to solve this problem. Error seems to be made by ScrollTrigger. I tried to fire animation in if (window) statement as well as if (document) but it also generates error. Does anyone know what should I fix?

Zrzut ekranu 2020-07-7 o 18.16.02.png

Yes, like Zach said a demo is necessary for us to troubleshoot. The error message seems (to me at least) to indicate that the target of whatever you're doing with GSAP/ScrollTrigger is undefined/null. Probably the scroller (which is the window by default). I bet your code is executing before the window is defined or you forgot to gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollTrigger) after the window exists. Just a guess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

Gatsby should probably have it's own little section on the installation page. Same with nuxt and next.js. I'd suggest making a demo repos for people to look at.

If you want to write up something real quick and create some repos we're happy to include them! Otherwise it might be a bit before we get around to it.

14 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

Maybe this?

Gatsby should probably have it's own little section on the installation page. Same with nuxt and next.js. I'd suggest making a demo repos for people to look at.

It solved my problem. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

1 hour ago, ZachSaucier said:

If you want to write up something real quick and create some repos we're happy to include them! Otherwise it might be a bit before we get around to it.

Maybe @GreenSock can create an organization on github? Then I can just add repos to that, and it will be easy for people to find and improve them.