Search Community

ScrollTrigger markers are not removed when killed

HawkMusician test
Moderator Tag

Hey HawkMusician. You're right, the markers are not currently removed if it's killed. But does it really matter? Markers are just for development purposes and adding code to remove them would add more file size to the file for everyone always. I'm not saying that we won't end up adding this to ScrollTrigger, just wondering why you'd say it's something that needs to be fixed :) 

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm with Zach - markers should never be in a production site anyway -  they're purely for visualizing during development so I'm not inclined to add extra kb to make them go away upon kill(). But let us know if we're missing an important factor here that makes you think it's worthwhile. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought, and I might have expressed myself badly, in no way is this a bug and I can understand no need to remove the markers when in development. 

It's just that I will be using them for users editing on a backend, thus the use of activating and deactivating in real time the markers. But they're easily removable since nicely coded into the html. 

Thanks for your replies!

• Like 3

• 8 months later...