Search Community

Bonus Plugins problem on netlify

thefalconlab test
Moderator Tag

Hi 

I have the same issue (error "gsap-bonus.tgz": Tarball is not in network and can not be located in cache) when deploying on Netlify. I understand that it is because the file is not on my github repo and that's ok because it should be private.

But I use the js minified bonus files in the static folder of Nuxt. So I wonder if I really need the tgz file in the first place because I already use the plugins files in static. So I tried to remove the tgz file and install a regular yarn add gsap instead but I have an error each time... 

So how should I do ? I am a little lost with all that... 

If I need the tgz and put it in a private repo on github, how to I link it to my project ?

Regards.

2 hours ago, sybilrondeau said:

But I use the js minified bonus files in the static folder of Nuxt. So I wonder if I really need the tgz file in the first place because I already use the plugins files in static

Are you importing gsap? If so, then you would have to change your imports to point to that folder. If you are just putting the scripts in the head, then you really don't need the tgz.

• Like 1

Hey @sybilrondeau, it's easier to deploy if you use the private npm package in your project. You can add the same in your project by running the following commands:

$ npm config set @gsap:registry https://npm.greensock.com/
$ npm config set //npm.greensock.com/:_authToken <your-auth-token>
$ npm install @gsap/business
$ npm install gsap@npm:@gsap/business

If you want to deploy the same to netlify, then you can follow the instructions that I have mentioned here: 

On the other hand, if you wish to use the .tgz files, then you need to add the .tgz file to your project and push the same to git.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OSUblake said:

Are you importing gsap? If so, then you would have to change your imports to point to that folder. If you are just putting the scripts in the head, then you really don't need the tgz.

So now I have all gsap files in static folder (gsap, ScrollTrigger, DrawSVGPlugin and MorphSVGPlugin). 

I had the scripts in the head : 

script: [
      { src: '/MorphSVGPlugin.min.js', body: true },
      { src: '/ScrollTrigger.min.js', body: true },
      { src: '/gsap.min.js', body: true },
      { src: '/DrawSVGPlugin.min.js', body: true },
    ],

and I import them like this in a file or component, for example : 

import { gsap } from '~/static/gsap.min.js';
import { ScrollTrigger } from '~/static/ScrollTrigger.min.js';
gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollTrigger)

I works fine in dev mode. But on Netlify I have this error : 

9:15:51 PM: $ yarn generate
9:15:51 PM: yarn run v1.22.4
9:15:51 PM: $ nuxt generate
9:16:16 PM: [fatal] Nuxt build error
9:16:16 PM:   ERROR in ./components/BasePortrait.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js& (./node_modules/@nuxt/webpack/node_modules/babel-loader/lib??ref--2-0!./node_modules/@nuxt/components/dist/loader.js??ref--0-0!./node_modules/vue-loader/lib??vue-loader-options!./components/BasePortrait.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js&)
9:16:16 PM:   Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '~/static/DrawSVGPlugin.min.js' in 'components'
  @ ./components/BasePortrait.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js& (./node_modules/@nuxt/webpack/node_modules/babel-loader/lib??ref--2-0!./node_modules/@nuxt/components/dist/loader.js??ref--0-0!./node_modules/vue-loader/lib??vue-loader-options!./components/BasePortrait.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js&) 21:0-62 22:20-33
9:16:16 PM:   @ ./components/BasePortrait.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js&
9:16:16 PM:   @ ./components/BasePortrait.vue
9:16:16 PM:   @ ./node_modules/.cache/nuxt/components/plugin.js
9:16:16 PM:   @ ./node_modules/.cache/nuxt/index.js
9:16:16 PM:   @ ./node_modules/.cache/nuxt/client.js
9:16:16 PM:   @ multi ./node_modules/@nuxt/components/lib/installComponents.js ./node_modules/.cache/nuxt/client.js
9:16:16 PM:   ERROR in ./components/TheNavBar.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js& (./node_modules/@nuxt/webpack/node_modules/babel-loader/lib??ref--2-0!./node_modules/@nuxt/components/dist/loader.js??ref--0-0!./node_modules/vue-loader/lib??vue-loader-options!./components/TheNavBar.vue?vue&type=script&lang=js&)
9:16:16 PM:   Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '~/static/MorphSVGPlugin.min.js' in 'components'

And so on... with all gsap files. 

Should I try @Prasanna method instead ? Going back with the tgz file ? I am lost 😕

If you're putting the scripts in the head, then you wouldn't use import as the files would be global. So you would just register any plugins.

gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollTrigger)

But of course if your files aren't committed, then it can't resolve the path.

Have you tried to doing the private registry.

Ok So I tried doing the private registry and what @Prasanna said about deploying in Netlify but I got this now : 

10:34:21 PM: Installing NPM modules using Yarn version 1.22.4
10:34:22 PM: yarn install v1.22.4
10:34:22 PM: [1/4] Resolving packages...
10:34:23 PM: [2/4] Fetching packages...
10:34:24 PM: error An unexpected error occurred: "https://npm.greensock.com/@gsap%2fshockingly/-/shockingly-3.6.1.tgz: Request failed \"403 Forbidden\"".

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...