Search Community

Scroll Trigger No End to Trigger

sandman test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I'm creating a sticky header using pin:true and I have the nav bar set as the trigger and the start position as "top 0px"  I'd like the nav bar to stay pinned but I don't know how to set the end trigger to none.

Thanks

Well you could just use a very large number like end: "+=99999" or if you want to be exact, you could do end: ScrollTrigger.maxScroll(window) to get the maximum scroll value. Does that help? 

If you just want it to remain pinned the whole time, why not just use position: fixed in your CSS and skip ScrollTrigger altogether? Don't get me wrong - I'm certainly an advocate for ScrollTrigger but it's intended to do much more advanced stuff and if you're only using it to pin something the entire time, it seems like position: fixed in CSS is far simpler. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GreenSock said:

If you just want it to remain pinned the whole time, why not just use position: fixed in your CSS and skip ScrollTrigger altogether? Don't get me wrong - I'm certainly an advocate for ScrollTrigger but it's intended to do much more advanced stuff and if you're only using it to pin something the entire time, it seems like position: fixed in CSS is far simpler. 

Most likely he doesn't want it fixed at the very top. position: sticky would be better in that case.

@GreenSock I was thinking about all these solutions and decided to go with one similar to @nvatland, only I used 

endTrigger:"html" end:"bottom top"

This way I don't have to rely on the footers position.

On why I wanted to use ScrollTrigger, I was already loading it into the page, and the sticky css was not working properly on the mobile device browser.  If I simply used fixed position for css I still needed to adjust the rest of the page for the difference in height for the header.  ScrollTrigger seems to do this for me.  Also, If I want to animate the header I now have options.

Thanks for all the help and the quick feedback!

• Like 4